“Google Shopping prohibits product listings that lead to websites that don’t provide the user with unique and valuable content on the landing page domain.”
What It Means:
Google has certain requirements in place, called “Landing page quality” policies, that protect website visitors from:
- experiencing an extreme amount of ads when visiting a website
- difficulty in navigation because of ad content
- viewing duplicate content on more than one website
“Google Shopping doesn’t allow the promotion of websites that are designed for the sole or primary purpose of showing ads. One example of this kind of prohibited behavior is called arbitrage, where advertisers drive traffic to their websites at low cost and pay for that traffic by earning money from the ads placed on those websites. We’ve created this policy to help ensure that users see useful, unique, and original content without excessive advertising.”
What It Means:
- excessive advertising – a website that only contains ads and no other content
- interstitial ads – a page or window containing an ad that appears when a link is clicked
- scraped content – duplicate content taken from another website
- gibberish content – text that makes no sense or has been obviously auto-generated
- templated websites – websites generated from a template or pre-generated with duplicate content taken from another website
- deceptive site navigation – website that claims to offer a product but leads visitors through a maze of ads with no end
- indistinguishable ads – ads that appear to be part of the site content or disguised as menu options, navigation, item links, etc.
- malicious/frustrating websites – sites that don’t allow any other option except clicking an ad
- irrelevant keywords/ad text – using keywords or ad text unrelated to the content of the site or item listings used solely to increase traffic
If you’re a legitimate seller with unique items and original content, this shouldn’t be a problem. However, many sellers include ads on their sites for additional revenue. Which is fine, just be smart about it and follow the rules.
What PrestoSell Does For You:
Since your data feed is monitored by our webmaster team, we keep an eye out for any potential issues, and let you know if something looks like a problem. You can spend your valuable time on the most important thing – selling your items.